Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today is my Daddy's birthday.....

It is hard to believe that two birthday's have passed since my dad died. Today he would have been 79 years old. To some of you that sound old....but my daddy didn't act old! When we were at the hospital with him, one of his Dr's called him 'elderly'....I was thinking "Who is elderly?? Not my dad!"

My grandma always took a photo of my dad on his birthday with his cake. I think that they were always taken outside because the camera didn't have a flash. See? Grandma was an original 'Natural light photographer'!

This is the first one that I have....it says "Daniel Wayne Gault 2 years old" on the back. See the little candles? so cute! His dad seems to be trying to keep the snow or rain off of him.Here is the second one that I found. It says Daniel Wayne March 18, 1935" So he would have been 4 here. I love the little leggings/stockings! Plus he is making a face that makes it seem like the cake is so heavy!
This one isn't a birthday, it is Christmas, but I love it so I am putting it here too.....I love that the tree is outside too! And look at his cute little plaid coat! I love it!
And this has nothing to do with his birthday, but I freakin' love the look on my oldest sisters face!! She still makes that face!! (love ya Mary!)
Ruth is being held by my dad, and I am the cute baby being held by my mom.Well, I miss my dad every day. I have dreams about him too.
Love ya daddy.....hope they aree having a party in heaven for you!
Martha

No comments: