Monday, November 2, 2009

I am a little behind, but

About 6 weeks ago, just before he turned 18 months old, this little guy was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. It is so very terrible. I talked to his mama on Friday night and she said that he only had days left to live. Immediately after I got off of the phone I knew that I had to do something for this family. I took Trinnen's newborn and his 6 month photos, so I got busy designing two books with the photos from both of those sessions. I worked on them all night (literally...I was up until 5am...). It took me about 10 hours to get them both finished and sent to print. I then contacted my print lab and asked them to rush the printing so that I could have it for them ASAP.
As many of you know, Trinnen passed away yesterday afternoon surrounded by his family.
Cancer is a terrible disease, and this is an awful situation. Please pray for this young family during this difficult time.

here is a couple of pages from his newborn book:

and here is a couple of pages from his 6 month book.



The books will *hopefully* be delivered tomorrow and we will be taking them along with me to his calling hours tomorrow afternoon.
Please bear with me while I get back on track with my editing.
TTFN, Martha

3 comments:

Krista said...

Uhh..that just breaks my heart. Cancer is an ugly disease. My prayers for the family.
BTW...the book pages are beautiful. Great deed you did.

Tiffany said...

Martha that is so so awful, that is one of my worse fears for my 3 year old son. My daughter died at 11 months of a terminal illness 7 years ago. It was such a tough time and the one thing I clung to after her passing was all the photos I had of her. I was so appreciative to have those, but at the same time saddened that I would never have anymore. What a beautiful thing you did for them. My heart goes out to all of you. How blessed you were to have met him and captured moments that will last a lifetime for his parents. God Speed Trinnen!

Anonymous said...

There are tears on my face as I write this message...your pictures and his story have touched my heart. All I can say is he is an angel now and may god comfort his family during this very difficult time. My deepest sympathies. What beautiful pictures they will have to hold onto forever.
-Haley Elvin (Ariel's auntie)