Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ah, to be young and in love!

This is from my second wedding this year. The bride was getting ready for the day in their new house which was mostly empty. That was very nice for me because there wasn't any furniture to get in the way of shots like this one of her dress hanging in their bedroom window.


They also purchased my all day package, and decided to take all of the photos before the ceremony, which allowed us plenty of time to stop at a few locations and get some great shots!

I had scouted out locations the week before the wedding and I found this awesome field of wild mustard. I knew the moment that I saw it that I had to get this bride and groom's photos in the middle of it!
The one problem was that it had rained the day before the wedding and everything was still damp. I was determined though, and I had to get a little creative! I brought a clear plastic tarp, and two white sheets for her to sit/stand on, and we made it work! Danae was such a good sport and she didn't mind hiking her dress up and walking in the wet flowers!
I love the way that they look at each other....This was at the end of the day, right before they left. I used my flash off to the side and got some great photos of them, and the valley below!
It was a beautiful day, with a beautiful couple!
TTFN, Martha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marha, you do such amazing work!! I wish I would have known you before Brandon and I got married!!
Amy

Pearl Advocates said...

okay so these pics rock!!!! I love the one of the two of em sitting in the field! totally stunning!