Friday, July 3, 2009

Lauren is Sweet Sixteen!

My sweet, first born child is 16 today! I can't believe it! Last year I posted about her birth. You can read it here.
So this year I thought that I would show you some photos of Lauren on past birthdays!
This is when she was one. My mom and I took her to Sears on her first birthday. Of course I had to buy her a red, white, and blue outfit for the shoot! She barely had any hair, so that hat covered that up!


Here she is at Two! She still had never had a hair cut! I wondered if it was ever going to grow! Just after this photo was taken, she tripped and fell on a hanger and slammed her face into the corner where two walls meet. She had a terrible bruise and when it healed she had a dimple!

Here is her Three year old photo. She was always very photogenic!


The year she was 4, we were broke! So I waited until fall and took the kid's pictures myself! You can really see her 'man-made' dimple in this one!


The summer that she turned 5, her and Olivia were asked to be flower girls. So I had their portraits made in their flower girl dresses. So pretty!

Since my children all have summer birthdays, we held them all out of school until they turned 6. This is a decision that I have never regretted. They are all bright students, and good leaders. This is her Kindergarten picture. It is one of my all time favorites! Two weeks before picture day we went to the beach, so she was nice and tan!

Now she is driving, and dating, and working for me with my business. She is a straight A student, and we are very VERY proud of her!
I need to get her in the studio for a recent photo, but until then, here is a recent photo of her from a wedding. She was standing for me so I could practice the shot before I went to get the B&G.

We love you Lauren!
TTFN! Martha

2 comments:

Shannon&Hal said...

Lauren was such a cute baby and is a cute teenager, too! Happy Birthday, Lauren!
Aunt Shannon & Uncle Hal

Wendi said...

Happy birthday, Lauren!