Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation!

We are on vacation! After a few days in VA in the mountains, we are finally in Florida. Are you wondering why I am blogging instead of out frolicking in the sand and sun with my family?? Well, my dear husband thought that a nice canoe ride in VA would be a great way to start the Stutzman family vacation. I me, being the ever forgetful person that I am, forgot the sunscreen. Well, lets just say that four hours in the sun and 100 degree heat (no kidding....it was 100 degrees!) didn't agree with me and my lily white arms. And I also forgot that the medication that I take makes me sensitive to the sun.

Here we all are before the trip began....it would be the last normal day that I would have!

After the trip, my arms and shoulders were so red that they were almost purple....The hurt so bad and they are blistered and hot. I have now been banned from the sun, and have been spending all of my time inside, in the airconditioning. It stinks, bigtime!

It is now 5 days after the trip and they are still blistered and hot, and I am miserable! I can't hardly sleep at night, because I am a side sleeper and it kills my arms.

So here I sit blogging at Panera bread while my family is over on the beach = ( .........Ah well, live and learn!

TTFN! Martha

3 comments:

Jody Proper said...

Oh Martha how awfu1! I was surprised to see all the new pictures that were posted thought maybe it was yucky and rainy! We are going to WV on Thurs-Sunday but no beach for us we'll be in the woods with our jeep!

Can't they give you anything? Pain medication? Hope you get better and get to enjoy the beach.

Jody

misty said...

Marti,
That is so rotten! Nothing like getting to Florida and having to stay inside. Hang in there!
misty

Anonymous said...

I went and talked to the phamasist today and I got some burn spray and some pain ointment....I hope it helps.
This morning when I rolled over, some of my skin stayed behind on the sheets....yuck!
Here's to a better night tonight!
Martha