Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Olivia's Birthday!

My due date for baby #2 was fast approaching and I was scared to death! My oldest was just over one year old, so her horrible birth was still fresh in my mind! I certainly did not want to go through that again!

Often at night I would lay in bed and cry and beg God to let this baby come without any pain! I am sure God was laughing at me!

On the morning of September 3rd, at about 5:30am my water broke. I called my mom, because she was going to come and stay with Lauren, but I told her not to hurry because I wasn't having any labor pains yet. I decided to take a nice hot shower and the minute that my feet stepped on the bath mat to dry off, I had a huge contraction! Then about 3 minutes later I had another one! I called my mom, and told her to hurry!

She got to our house at about 8:00 and we took off for Orrville to the hospital. The pains were coming fast and furious! We got to the hospital just 9:00am, and I looked at Kurt and I told him that after all of this pain if they tell me that I am only 2 centimeters dialated that I am going to kick someone!

So they get me in a bed just after 9:00 and the nurse checks me. Right away she calls for the other nurses and they start rushing around with the warmer, new blankets, the dr's tools, and my husband said "What's going on?" And the nurse replied "Your wife is going to have a baby!" And then he says "yeah, but not right now right?" (remember that I was in labor for 44 hours with Lauren......FOURTY FOUR HOURS!!!) And she said "Yes! NOW!"

I started pushing at 9:30 and the chubbiest, darkest haired baby girl arrived on a beautiful, sunny, fall day at 10:25am. She weighed 9lb 3oz!

It was like a dream! It was so fast! It wasn't hard! Sure it hurt, but after Lauren's birth this seemed like a picnic! Right away I grabbed the phone and started calling people! The Dr was still stiching me up and I was calling everyone I could! "It's a GIRL!"..."She has HAIR!" (Lauren was bald, and at one she was still bald!"

We had agreed on Olivia for a name, but I still liked the name Maggie, so I had to look at her and say the names. Olivia just fit her. We chose Nicole for her middle name.

She was just the opposite of Lauren. Lauren had very little hair and what she had was white. Liv's was black and she had a ton of it! Lauren was very dark complected and Liv was white as a ghost! Lauren was so tiny and petite, and Liv was a chunck!

This is Olivia's three month picture, and it is one of my favorites! She didn't smile until she was three months old, and she hasn't stopped since!

Look at this face! She was so mad! But oh so cute! She is about 18 months old here.This was taken this Spring when she was 13½. Before braces and a haircut!


Here she is today. She is now 14, and an 8th grader!We love you Olivia!
TTFN! Martha

No comments: