Friday, October 31, 2008

Priceless.....

I am so excited! I found a great place for fall pictures, and I got approval from the land owner. I offered to shoot her family for free, and she said that would be great. So here is the background in our family's photo sessions.......
Christmas 06....of course I am running late getting pics of my own kids, and I wait until nearly the last minute. Everyone gets ready for the pics and I get less than 10 taken, and Lauren pinches Ad, and he pinches her back and I had two kids crying.......I yell, photo session over.
Christmas 07......Running late again, but not as bad. Everyone gets ready. I take a few of Liv by herself, Then Lauren by herself......Ad joins the group. He sits down, Lauren bosses him around, he cries, I yell, end of session.
So you see, getting pictures of my own kids isn't easy. Adam hates it and is on edge, and so every little thing hurts his feelings. Lauren is a mini me and is pretty bossy. Those two always fight. This year I had a new approach.
Around here money is a pretty big motivator. The girls love to go shopping with their friends, and so they love to have their own money. Adam is a pretty good saver, but if a new video game comes out, he likes having his own money to purchase it. So this year we got in the van to go on the shoot and I handed them each 5.00. I then told them that if they fight or boss, or cry, then they have to give the money back to me. If they cooperate, listen and smile, then they can keep it.
New clothes for photo..................................................80.00
Money for bribery......................................................15.00
Getting a pic of my kids where they are all actually smiling...priceless!

Do you like it? Is it canvas worthy?



This is what I am thinking about for a wall display:


Leave a comment, and let me know what you think!
TTFN! Martha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your wall arrangement! You are so good at this - I am jealous! The pictures are super!

misty said...

Beautiful! I wish our trees turned like that in Texas!
misty

Anonymous said...

you didn't tell me about the bribery! love it and will steal that idea i am sure!
amazing as always! i keep thinking one day you may reach the "it" factor on top photography captures, but then you just keep going!
i am so proud of you and your talent
and yes, i shamelessly name drop and brag you up to all my other friends
love you
~h