Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We are home!

After 18 hours in a cramped van with three kids and a husband, we are home from FL. It is so nice to have wireless internet at my home, to use whenever I want to! It was a big pain to have to drive to Panera Bread whenever I wanted to get online. And, since I was technically on vacation with my family, I didn't get online very often. I did spend most of one afternoon there making orders. If you made an order in the last three weeks, and you haven't recieved it yet, you should be getting it by Friday or Monday at the latest.


In 2005 when we stayed at the condo for the second summer, we took pictures on the beach and we bought my in-laws a frame with four openings. One for Lauren, one for Olivia, one for Adam, and one for a picture of all three kids together. We continued this tradition every year, and every year the older pictures go to the back of the frame, and the new ones take their place in the front. It is fun to look back at how the kids have grown every year.

The first year we wore flag shirts, the next year Lauren wore a blue dress, liv wore a red dress and Adam wore a white tank with jean shorts. The next year they wore white, then last year they wore black. I wanted to mix things up a bit this year and Lauren found these great dresses at Ross, so they wore pink and brown dresses, and Adam wore a brown shirt. It is so hard to match two girls with one boy!

So here is this years pictures.

And yes, I know that Adam looks less than thrilled. It was raining. He hates getting his picture taken, and he said that he would rather poke himself in the eye with a stick than to go and take pictures on the beach. His dad told him that this is the last year that he had to do it......we will see...... ;)Lauren, the birthday girl, at 15.
Olivia, with her new braces, at age 13¾.Adam, who will turn 12 next week. I actually go a real smile.I will be checking my emails, and my phone messages later tonight and tomorrow. I need to shower and get some sleep!

TTFN, Martha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

M~
Glad you are back and love the pics
Checking the blog everyday to see the fun times
I will try to call on Friday, will be gone all day on thurs.
love you
~h

Anonymous said...

We are glad to be home! We are thinking about not going next year. We need to take a break from FL!

Call me on Friday! M

Jody Proper said...

Glad you are home! Love the beach and pictures - would you come to S. Carolina in Sept for our family pics ;) Also you know me I love the pink and brown!!!! Man didn't realize how close your kids are in age......nuts!

Jody

Anonymous said...

Jody, We are glad to be home, too! I love vacation, but sometimes it is just good to be in your own house.

And, yes, we had three kids in three years! I am glad that we did it when we were young! I would be too tired to do that now!

Martha