Friday, August 1, 2008

A special shoot....Mattie x2

I had the honor of photographing these beautiful ladies today! Two of them are named Mattie. The older Mattie just turned 90 years old this summer. The younger had her birthday this summer too, she is three. Mattie has a daughter named Rhoda, Rhoda has a son named Joseph, and Joseph's daughter is named Mattie.
I am so glad that I had the opportunity to capture this time in their lives. I hope that these photographs will be cherished for many generations!

Neither Mattie was sure why I was taking pictures of their hands, but I told them to trust me! I love hands, I think they tell a lot about a person. My grandma died when I was 3, and I have a hard time remembering her, but I can clearly see her hands. I remember sitting on her lap and looking at her freckles and age spots and tracing them with my small fingers. I hope that Mattie will always remember her great-grandma's hands.
Ahhhhh, memories of my grandmas. I miss them, and I wish that they were here to see my children. Mattie and Emma are definitely lucky to have a special great grandma like Mrs Mattie Miller.
TTFN....Marti

1 comment:

Mariejo812 said...

Martha, I love these pictures! They turned out so cute. You do such a great job! You were right about the hands picture, what a great keepsake. I'll look forward to picking out the ones we want to print, it'll be hard though. Thanks again!!
Marie Mast